The Huffaker Family purchased The Clinton Inn in June of 2019. We are working diligently to bring the hotel back to life and make it a destination place to stay. We now have four (4) rooms available to rent. Three of these rooms are still somewhat dated, but clean and comfortable. We've renovated the fourth one. We're planning on remodeling the full hotel and having 14 rooms available in the near future.
Here are some fantastic things we offer things we offer to make your stay with us more comfortable.
- Our rooms are all clean and comfortable, and do not have any weird smells or odors.
- We've replaced all beds, mattresses, linens, pillows, and towels in all of our rooms, and hope this will make your stay pleasant and comfortable.
- All beds are either King or Queen sized. We've eliminated all TWIN and FULL beds.
- We have Flatscreen TV's in all of the rooms with local cable services. We're working on getting Smart TV's with streaming services (We have a ROKU TV already in Room 1)
- We have free WIFI available in all of the rooms.
- Our water pressure is awesome.
- The Clinton Coffeehouse is open on the first floor by the lobby. It's hours are 6:30am to 2:00pm weekdays and 8:00am to 3:00pm on the weekends. https://clintoncoffeehouse.com for more info.
- The Clinton Coffeehouse also has free WIFI and a lounge area to work and just relax.
- Our full service restaurant is open for lunch and dinner on weekdays, and open for our special brunch menu on Sundays. Check out our website www.theclintoninn.com for details.
- We're fairly close to the Irish Hills, Michigan International Speedway, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. If you're planning on being anywhere in the areas of Adrian, Tecumseh, Clinton, Saline, Manchester, the Irish Hills, The Clinton Inn is a great central location close to where you need to be.
Note: The Clinton Inn is not for everyone. Please consider the following before renting a room from us. We'd prefer to set the proper expectations ahead of time so you don't have any unrealistic expectations of the Clinton Inn.
- The Clinton Inn is older than you are. It was built in 1901 and as such, this is reflected in the architecture of the building and amenities within.
- The plumbing and electrical are old and delicate. Yes we have good water pressure and the water is hot when you need it to be. Drainpipes are visible in some of the rooms and that's just how it was installed back in when it was retrofitted with indoor plumbing. The showers are old but we have upgraded the fixtures in the meantime until we can do a larger remodel of the bathrooms.
- We are not a 5 star resort, please don't expect us to be one. We want your stay to be comfortable, and we will try to accommodate your needs the best we can. However, we have our limits.
- The hotel faces the US-12 (Michigan Ave), and it's possible to get noise from the street during the night in the rooms closest to the street (Room 1 and Room 2). We have no control of the traffic, and we know that having a fan or the AC running (or other white noise) will help alleviate this. At the current time, we'd suggest Room 8 or Room 6&7 if you need it to be absolutely quiet.
- The hotel does not have an elevator. All of the currently rent-able rooms are on the 2nd floor. We have two staircases, one in the front and one in the back of the hotel. The front staircase has 24 steps (12 steps, a small landing, and 12 more steps). The rear staircase has 22 steps and they are steeper than the front staircase. If you have difficulty with stairs, we may not be the hotel for you.
- The hotel has been reported to be haunted. We can't confirm or deny this, however we've seen and heard some interesting things since we've been here. We've also had locals tell us that it's haunted.
- We're a boutique, historical hotel. If you're the type of person that needs everything to be new and perfect, we're not for you. We prefer customers that come for the experience of staying in a historical hotel, and who appreciate the nostalgia of the building and accommodations. We like to think of the hotel as "Perfectly Imperfect". If you need everything to be new and shiny, you're better off finding a big chain hotel to stay at.